SyllabusThere are currently classes for children from 3 years of age and up. Our classes are aimed at children from bilingual or Russian speaking families, however we are very happy to arrange tuition for anyone who would like to learn Russian.
The syllabus for Reception and Pre-school aged children includes:
- introducing letters of the alphabet and working on reading groups of letters and progressing to single words.
- speech development, particularly on the following topics of colours, geometrical forms, size, numbers, seasons of the year, days of the week, etc.
- development of fine-motor skills to promote hand-to-eye coordination.
- rhymes with actions.
- games with learning content.
- continuing work on reading fluently.
- continuing work on sentence construction as an element of speech. Learning to use punctuation and capital letters appropriately.
- introducing classification of words as parts of speech (nouns, verbs, adjectives).
- continuing work on different types of sounds.
- learning about groups of words with the same stem.
- practicing mathematical vocabulary.
- spelling rules.
- continuing work on sentences as an element of speech. Different types of sentences.
- classification of words as parts of speech (nouns, verbs, adjectives, prepositions).
- learning about parts of words such as prefix, stem, suffix and ending.
- continuing work on groups of words with the same stem.
- stems of words with unstressed vowels.
- words similar and opposite in meaning.
FeesWe are currently charging £13.00 per Saturday. Siblings - £10.00
- Russian grammar.
- Speech development/ Math and non verbal reasoning for 11+.
- Singing / Art.
Discount applies if paying in advance. One free session if paying for the whole term.
ProgrammeWe believe that through playing and having fun children are happy to learn a second language. To help motivate children we have created a special time table exclusive to the Tonbridge Russian School.
Classes for 3 - 5 year olds include fine motor skills, speech development with basic science, math, writing, literacy and lots of fun games.
Classes for 6 - 9 year olds include russian grammar, logical games, speech development including different topics from GCSE exam papers and non verbal reasoning.
Classes for 10 - 13 year olds include advanced level grammar lessons, speech development lessons based on GCSE and A- level exam papers with assessments.
All classes have singing and art lessons as part of the speech development and to help to undertand relations between words and speech.
Our GCSE and A-level exam classes have had A-A* results over the last 5 years!
We have also introduced logopedia, a method of speech therapy, to help all children develop an authentic Russian accent. We encourage all parents to participate in the learning process as helpers and by taking part in special events. Our Christmas, Easter and Summer plays have been a great success. The children greatly enjoy acting which is very encouraging and we are looking to create our own Russian Stage Coach!